Sunday, June 07, 2009

Trying to decide

I haven't written recently.  I think I haven't written because I'm torn about what to write.  Up until now, this blog has been almost entirely personal, chronicling events that have occurred in the last five years of my life.  That is all well and good, and it has been an excellent writing experience.  Looking back now, I see things I can't believe I wrote -- things so poorly written that I am ashamed to call them my own.  These musings have given my [very few] readers a glimpse at who I am by sharing the day to day events that have taken place in my life.  Now, though, people who wish to keep up with those kinds of things can follow me on Twitter or add me on Facebook.

But, as everyone knows, I'm a multi-faceted individual.  I am nothing more than the sum of my parts: my theology and beliefs, the music I listen to, the movies and television I watch, the games I play -- all of those things which influence my existence and make me the geek I am.

Here is where I am torn.  Do I talk about all these things in one blog?  If my goal is to gain more readers (and that is one of my goals), can I interest people in all of those things, or do I need to have a few, more focused blogs?  This becomes exponentially more difficult when it comes to the topic of music; I enjoy an extremely diverse variety of music.  My top three favorite genres, in no order, are acoustic/folk, progressive rock, and metal.  The music I listen to at a given time depends on a variety of factors, such as who I've been around and what my current mood is.  Should I -- could I -- talk about all of these things in one blog, or would I be better off splitting these topics into multiple blogs?

I haven't decided what I want to do yet.  Recommendations?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Talk about all the things on this blog. Post more often if you need to. Gives your blog good variety. Keeps people coming back to it just to see what you will say next! Go for it!